We respect your privacy and want to communicate with you in a way that suits you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your privacy is important to us and this policy explains how we use your personal information and keep it secure.
What is personal information?
Personal information covers any data that enables us to identify you as an individual. This could include, name, address, telephone number, email address or bank details (submitted when making a donation).
How do we use your personal information?
We use your information to send you postal mailings, such as our supporter magazine, appeal updates and other information you have asked for or that we may feel would be of interest to you.
We only use your email details to send you communications that you have requested.
You can change the way we communicate with you, at any time, in the following ways:
- By unsubscribing from emails
- By emailing our Contact Centre
When you supply personal information to us, we only use this information for the purpose for which it was given and ensure that it is kept securely.
From time to time we will ask our supporters to take part in surveys, to help us learn and improve how we work.
Lawful basis for processing your information
We use different reasons for using your information:
– sometimes we use your information to send you communications, such as emails, because you have given us clear consent to do so
– we may process your personal data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you,
– sometimes we will need to store your information because we have a legal reason to do this.
– we will process your information when it is in our legitimate interest to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. Those legitimate interests include providing you with postal information e.g. fundraising appeals, supporter magazine etc.
How long do we keep your information
We only keep your information for as long as we need to. We will have a lawful reason to keep your data and when we no longer need it, we will delete it. UK HMRC law require us to keep the information for up to 7 years. If you have donations recorded we are required to keep them for up to 2 years.
Do we share your personal information?
We do not share your details with third parties, unless it is necessary to do so. Some of the ways it may be necessary to share your information include:
- fulfilling orders
- sending postal mail and email
- analysing data
- providing marketing assistance
- processing financial transactions (see next section)
- other necessary functions.
In cases like these, we will have a data agreement in place to ensure that these companies will not use your information for their own use, but only to fulfil the function on behalf of Revelation TV inc.
Your information will not be passed to third parties for marketing purposes.
How do we use your financial information and keep it secure?
In order to process financial transactions, we may need your bank or credit card details.
All credit card payments are processed by WorldPay and or Stripe via a secure server.
Information you give us via the website is stored and processed in the UK. However, because of the nature of the internet, it is possible that your data may pass through countries outside the EEA and UAE.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you
- update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong
- change your communication preferences at any time
- object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes
- raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used.
For all areas of our website which collect personal information, we use a secure server. Although we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, we enforce strict procedures and security features to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian’s consent before adding any personal information to our website
We will not knowingly send any marketing material to those under 18.
How to contact us
You can get it touch with us in the following ways:
- through our online form
- by telephone
- by email
Please keep us informed of changes so we can stay in touch.